- Capstone Design
Canada Research Chair in Computational Turbulence
HPCVL-Sun Microsystems Chair in Computational Science and Engineering
McLaughlin Hall, Room 217
130 Stuart St
Kingston, ON K7L 3N6 Canada
Phone: +1 613 533 2758
Fax: +1 613 533 6489
- Large eddy and direct simulations
- Turbulence simulations and modelling
- Transition modelling
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Geophysical flows
- Bio fluid dynamics
- Omidyeganeh, M. and Piomelli, U. "Large-eddy simulation of three-dimensional dunes in a steady, unidirectional flow. Part 1: Turbulence statistics." J. Fluid Mech., 721:454—483, 2013.
- Scalo, C., Boegman, L., and Piomelli, U. "Large-eddy simulation and low-order modeling of sediment oxygen uptake in a transitional oscillatory flow." J. Geophys. Res.-Oceans, 118:1–14, 2013.
- Ford, M. D. and Piomelli, U. "Exploring high frequency temporal fluctuations in the terminal aneurysm of the basilar bifurcation." J. Biomech. Eng., 134:091003–1—10, 2012.
- Lee, G., Scalo, C., and Piomelli, U. "A simple technique for the visualisation of eddy kinematics in turbulent flows." Int. J. Comput. Fluid Dyn., 26(4):263—274, 2012.
- C. Scalo, U. Piomelli and L. Boegman, "High- Schmidt-number mass transport mechanisms from a turbulent flow to absorbing sediments." Phys. Fluids 24, 085103, pp. 1—16, 2012.
- C. Scalo, U. Piomelli and L. Boegman, "Large-eddy simulation of oxygen transfer to organic sediment beds." J. Geophys. Res.-Oceans 117, C06005, pp. 1-17, 2012.
- J. Favier, A. Pinelli and U. Piomelli, "Controll of the separated flow around an airfoil using a wavy leading edge inspired by humpback whale flippers," Compte Rendus-Mecanique, 340(1-2), pp/ 107-114, 2012.
- M. D. Ford, A. T. Black, R. Y. Cao, C. D. Funk and U. Piomelli "Hemodynamics of the mouse abdominal aortic aneurysm". J. Biomech. Eng. 133 (12), 121008, pp. 1–9, 2011.
- M. Omidyeganeh and U. Piomelli, "Large-eddy simulation of two-dimensional dunes in a steady, unidirectional flow," J. Turbul.12(N42), 1--31, 2011.
- H. Raiesi, U. Piomelli and A. Pollard, "Evaluation of turbulence models using large-eddy simulation data," ASME J. Fluids Eng. 133 (3), 0212203–1—10, 2011.
- A. Pinelli, I. Naqavi, U. Piomelli, and J. Favier, "Immersed-boundary methods for general finite- difference and finite-volume navier-stokes solvers," J. Comput. Phys. 229, 9073--9091, doi:10.1016/j.jcp.2010.08.021, 2010.
- M. Li, S. Radhakrishnan, U. Piomelli, and W. R. Geyer, "Large-eddy simulation of the tidal-cycle variations of an estuarine boundary layer," J. Geophys. Res.115, C08003, pp. 1-18, 2010.
- Vanella, M., Piomelli, U. and Balaras, E., "Effect of grid discontinuities in large-eddy simulation statistics and flow fields," J. Turbul. 9, 32, 1-23, 2008.
- Piomelli, U., "Wall-layer models for large-eddy simulations," Prog. Aerosp. Sci. 44, 6, 437-446, 2008.
- Ovchinnikov, V., Choudhari, M.M., and Piomelli, U., "Numerical simulations of boundary-layer bypass transition due to high-amplitude free- stream turbulence," J. Fluid Mech 613, 135-169, 2008.
- Radhakrishnan, S. and Piomelli, U., "Large-eddy simulation of oscillating boundary layers: model comparison and validation," J. Geophys. Res. 113, C02022, 1-14, 2008.
- Radhakrishnan, S., Piomelli, U., Keating, A., and Silva Lopes, A., "Reynolds-averaged and large-eddy simulations of turbulent non-equilibrium flows," J. Turbul. 7, 63, 1-30, 2006 [More information].
- Ovchinnikov, V., Piomelli, U., and Choudhari, M. M., "Numerical simulations of boundary-layer transition induced by a cylinder wake," J. Fluid Mech. 547, 413-441, 2006 [More information].
- Keating, A., Piomelli, U., Balaras, E., and Kaltenbach, H.-J., "A priori and a posteriori tests of inflow conditions for large-eddy simulation," Phys. Fluids 16, 12, 4696-4712, 2004.
- Piomelli, U. and Balaras, E., "Wall-layer models for large-eddy simulations," Annu. Rev. Fluid Mech. 34, 349-374, 2002.
Last modified: April 26, 2013 6:36 AM